Are you heading for a trip with your kids? It sounds very exciting and good to hear that airfares have dropped considerably in recent years. But at the same time, it is actually worrying that airline fees have more than you would be saving from the airfare. These days, ticket price simply includes the price to fly from your home town to the destination. Anything else like better seats, check luggage, in-flight Wi-Fi and any other add-on can only be achieved by paying extra charges.
According to a survey, about two-third of the passengers like ala’carte pricing for the tickets, meaning they prefer to pay the airline for the services they want. To keep your travel budget low, you must try to avoid services that are not essential.
Do not forget to book meet and greet Heathrow services to make proper airport parking arrangements ahead of departure time.
Keep a note of the below tips to steer clear of the unwanted airline costs:
- Make the correct airline decision before you buy the ticket
- Book the airline with a minimum check-in fee and cost-free change of ticket. You just have to be wise enough to choose airlines like this
- If you own multiple credit card, make a payment from the card that is affiliated with that particular airline to avoid the pesky fee
- Avoid over-packing as the checked-in luggage can cost you an extra 33£-61£ to your travel budget
- Refundable tickets are very convenient, but they are too pricey. Always prefer for the non-refundable ticket, but be careful while reviewing the travelling dates, as any change can cost you an extra 82£
- You can make free of cost changes within 24 hours of ticket reservation
- Most of the airlines charge a fee for the snack boxes and bistro-styled meals. The best way to avoid it to take your snacks with you
Compare airport parking deals in advance, while making long term parking arrangements for your vehicle.